Our little bundle of joy
Alexia Karina Chavira
Born May 5th, 2012 at 4:57am
7 lbs 9oz and 20.5 in
I know I’m a few days behind on announcing Alexia’s birth but better late than never. 🙂 More photos to come so stand watch for some cuteness! Story of how it happened, in the works…stay tuned!
Hello friends! Its been a long time!
Going the Distance…
Today is my 19th birthday being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Its been a long road yet successful and blessed. I have always said that I owe my life to the help and guidance of certain “angels” in my life and also the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I would not be here if it wasn’t for them or for the mercy of my Heavenly Father above.
These are some of my accomplish in the past 19 years…
- Won a Bronze Medal for the Los Angeles Region Occupational Program
- Certified in Wood Products Manufacturing for about 2 years
- Graduated high school with two medals (Bronze Medal of LAROP and Construction Academy Award)
- Survived a lot of hard times in my family (including raising myself for the most part)
- Did 6 months in Military Explores
- Attended some college in California
- Did about a year and half of Women’s Self Defense class in College
- Served a mission in Minnesota, Minneapolis (Spanish)
- Regained my Spanish language and keeping it this time
- Did 6 months of Kung Fu/Karate (Purple Belt)
- Graduated from Institute of Religion (in 2 semesters)
- Got married in August 2011
- Got pregnant on the last day of our honeymoon 🙂
- Currently 5 months pregnant, we are having a girl! (4 more months to go)
- First time Auntie to some good kids
- First time back in a Spanish Branch in a long time.
In short, I have been able to “go the distance” but I did not do it alone. The Lord sent me “angels” and guidance to help me along the way. Here’s a fav song that has always encouraged me…ENJOY!
Dear friends and folk of all creatures,
The time has come for a new and better chapter in my life. I wish to share my special day with you. It does not matter if we haven’t talked in years, or lost communication, or if Egypt got in the way of our friendship…if you would like to attend we are more than happy to have you be there for us. We Latinos know how to throw a party so if your looking for a fun dancing night come on over to our reception for some good clean, salsa jazzy fun! Don’t forget your dancing shoes! The following is a message I posted on our event on Fb. So if you don’t have Fb its ok because here it is again just for you! We love friends and hope all is well with you!
Come join us for a fun night at our reception where we will have a ring ceremony, a light dinner (first come first serve), and a Latin Dance! Yes we will play English music a little for those who would want something to dance to. The reception will be held in Heber City Stake Center at the following address:
150 N 200 W
HEBER CITY, UTAH 84032
There will be an Open house in California, for those who can’t make it to the Reception in Utah. Details to come soon on the California Open House.
WE NEED YOUR ADDRESSES PLEASE!!! Click on the following link below to submit your names and addresses. We wish all of you can come so please don’t forget to click on the link below so we can send you an invitation.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us via Facebook, or by phone. We take text, emails, cookies, brownies, and especially Cheesecake!
Please RSVP asap to let us know which one you will be attending, either the Utah Reception and/or California Open House! As you RSVP just write a note which one you will attend. Thank you!
Richard Sowby, what a man. He was a man of few but many words when he spoke. He was a hard worked, a loving Husband, a loving Father, and a well created man. Words cannot express how I feel about his passing right now but I know he is in a better place. This man was like a father to my sister and I, now that he is gone I pray that Sis Sowby will be ok knowing that Bro Sowby has gone home to be with his parents and Heavenly Father.
In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we are taught about a plan that is call The Plan of Salvation. If it wasn’t for this plan and my understanding and testimony of it I would be sobbing and furious. This plan explains what it means for those who have past on and for those that are living. It talks about the before life (the Pre-existence), how we believe that it was our choice to come to this earth life and live a well enough life to one day return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. There is so much I can tell you about this wonderful plan right now but I’m not in the mood to feel preachy, mainly because I am sick.
My heart and my love goes out to the Sowby family. May they know that they are not along and feel comforted that God still loves them. This post does no justice to his life but I wanted to share it anyways because he is a wonderful man among kings. The above link is a link to his funeral service tomorrow, wish I could be there. I love you Sis Sowby!
During the Christmas Holiday a bunch of us from work who are my really cool friends went and saw “Avatar” at the IMAX theater in 3D. Let me just saw that it was flippin’ awesome! I loved it and I would see it again. Caution: If you read this and haven’t seen Avatar, its not my fault…I will be talking about it.
Ok so during the movie the main character had to gain the trust of the village people and be one of them. As he learned their ways he experienced many things, ie: the meaning of love, care for people he never had before, learned how to conquer his fear of a strange new place or I should probably say that he explored a whole new world. Fast forward…at the end of his training/graduation there was a ceremony where he became one of them…joined a family he never had before. But not just any family it was a whole new kind of definition…at least the way I interpret the movie it was to me. They brought him the the center of the clan and as the Father and the Mother accepted him they put their hand on his shoulder and the rest of the clan followed suit. As the camera paned out you could see him in the very dead center of everyone and the whole entire clan had their arm on the person in front of them which ultimately lead to the center. Quite an amazing ceremony…he got a bigger reward than he ever expected. A family much more than he ever had.
I’m not going to lie, when I saw this I cried and it was so my wish to have a family just like that. To be in the center of a circle where everyone accepts you for who you were and called you as his/her brother or sister is a feeling that I cherish the most in my heart above all…family comes first. Since my direct family is so messed up, I make my own family. Thankfully thought I still have my direct sister whom I love dearly. And over the years my family has increased so much right before my very own eyes sometimes I have a hard time seeing that due to my childhood. But I’ve got some news for you…I’ve got a bigger family now than when I started here on earth at birth and quite frankly I couldn’t have asked for a better family!
Now here’s my dream:
About two nights ago I was thinking about the future and settling down. Can you believe it me, a party animal settle down…if you ask me that’s a bit fishy! jk, no really I’m serious about it. Any who that night I dreamed about my husband and my children. It was such an amazing dream I love it so much I wished it was real. It was a simple dream, nothing fancy…just something sweet for the future to look forward to.
It took place in my back yard of my big house. (So far so good) My husband (to be) was playing with my (future) son throwing around the football. I was with my beautiful (future 3) girls on the swings, playing and laughing and smiling. As I looked around there was a picnic blanket with food not to far away and I could just feel the love. The love of my very own family that I created with my gorgeous handsome husband. The love that I felt from each of them was extraordinary! I was a mom to 4 kids and a wife to a husband who adore me, it felt good.
I woke up and I smiled. That’s basically set my entire day. I wasn’t sad or disappointed when I woke up to nothing…I had hope and love and compassion, and DESIRE that I will do what it takes to make that happen. I want that and I’ve considered to settle down and get serious about life but still have fun in a way where I can be that fun mom and amazing wife to my future family.
Am I ready to be a mom or a wife? I don’t know but I do know that there is only one way to find out…let’s go fishing!
…to me. This year for the month of November I was able to ponder just about every single day what I am thankful for or for whom. Since I’ve been home from my mission I’ve had nothing but countless blessings pour upon me…then after a while of free gifts(blessings) I learned that I needed to show Heavenly Father my gratitude…and so I am still trying too. I’ve had a new goal in these last couple of months to try and be positive about anything and everything. If I couldn’t then I would at least try to laugh it off, well let me tell you its been difficult but I haven’t given up yet. Since doing this I’ve felt completely different and better which leads me to been very grateful to those who have stuck by me and to those who wanted to hit me upside my head and pretend I didn’t exists to them. i’m stubborn, deal with it. Well this month I’ve made a real effort to see all the little things of life that bring joy to my heart, I found A LOT! The following are things and people I am much thankful for…
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- All the hard life’s lessons
- My dear family and friends (you know who you are)
- My little nieces and nephews (Aidan, Laneah, Belle, Emma, Claire, and the brand new addition baby Fox)
- My roommate’s snort when she laughs really hard, truly brings a huge smile to my face…too bad she doesn’t do it more often anymore
- My car that is still working
- Love notes from my friends in my current ward
- My bishopric and their wives
- A healthy body
- Hugs and kisses!!! My favorite
- The guidance of great examples and leaders
- Friends who love me even with all my faults-I have many, shh!
- My job and those select few (at work)who make me smile and laugh
- My mission comps, who I am still in contact with-they rock my socks off!
- Faith, Endurance, Hope, Desire, Love, and Patience
- The emotional team support I have from certain people
- My long hair and brown sugar skin, lol
- Movies-they always seem to get me thinking
- Books-religious or worldly
- Photographs of people I love and care about
- Many fun adventures of the past 25 years and counting…
- My scriptures that I am able to read in my native tongue (Spanish) even though I understand a whole lot better in English 🙂
- My patriarchal blessing which is my little preview of what may come if I chose to be
- To live in a well protective “Bubble” college town
- The many ways to network and stay in contact with my people (yes I have my own people, called my family and friends-gotcha!) 🙂
- The ability to play sports and get dirty when playing outside
- Babies, kids, children-that I now do love to hold, play games with, and babysit
- Travel and see old friends and family
- Dogs and cats
- All of my coworkers from this state of Utah whom have taught me many lessons
- Birthday hugs-big ones that left some bruises afterward-no biggy. Thank you Ben you made my birthday this year a million times better than ever before
- Cheesecake! Oh how much I love it, way better than chocolate
- The ability to do a childhood goal/dream…martial arts!
- To have been able to accomplish a lot in this past decade…I might not remember what I did but I’m sure people will remind me here and there
- Sun, Moon, Stars-how they always light the way in dark places
- All the seasons of the year-its a work of art that God has created for us
- The ability to get up (trials, errors, etc) when I fall and try again
- And finally the great Atonement of Jesus Christ! Because of his unselfish love, care, example, and sacrifice I am able to enjoy all of these things and follow in his foot steps and help others.
Yes, there is much, much more I am grateful for but in reality my list will never end…so I hope you said a silent prayer this past Thanksgiving day and thanked your Creator, Father, God who has giving you everything in life and only ask little of us. To be Christlike, (something I am still working on too) to comfort those who stand in need of comfort, fellowship, give hugs and kisses, talk with all your friends, love your parents(no matter how many you have) witness and testify of the truth, for the truth and only by the truth will you be free. Thank you to all who have support me this year and have never given up on me. Love you all!
A few weeks ago my sister sent me a link to her wedding website. And I must admit it looks freaken awesome…I would share it will all of you but like me she’s picky and private about her life in different aspects of course. Well she wrote the following (in green)about me and it really touched me. I miss my sister and I love her so much. Like she said we’ve been through a lot and I believe its times like those that makes us and brings us closer to one another. A lot of people say we look alike but still just for fun I say “no way, your crazy” but in heart she is my sister and she is stuck with me and I with her for life! She is a great sister, she has always looked after me and cared for me when I let her…and sometimes by force. Well I’m guilty of it too, I’ve done it to her and to my dear close friends. As we have grown over the years we have become more tolerant of each other in more ways than one, for that I am gratefuly. Now that there are many miles between us, it only enforces the care, love and respect I have for my sister in my heart. Although I might fall short of telling her that but I hope she can feel it some day. Yes we are a lot alike and well what do you expect from Latinas 🙂 Are spicy character will never go away, its part of us, of who we are and from what I hear nowadays my friends like that about me…that’s a miracle! Any who, we are the Quintanilla Sisters now and forever even after marriage, we will be there again for one another through thick and thin. Shout out to my sister, I love you crazy woman!!!
Bridesmaid – Roxana
Um so what can I say about my own flesh and blood?… I LOVE YOU!!!!
I think that about covers it…through thick and thin I’m 110% positive we will be there for eachother no mattter what. Through all the tough times we’ve had growing up I still could havenever asked for a better sister than you! You are me and I am you. Whether you like it or not we will always be one in every way, shape, and form. I miss you and the fact that you live so far away. I hate it, but I know you are happy and making the most of everything. Nothing will ever come between us. Words truly don’t express how much you mean to me and how much you have always meant to me. I think you going on your mission to Minnesota was more hard on me than it was for you. I have never been separated from you for that long and it felt like an eternity. With everything happening in my life at that point I’m really glad I had Nelson there. I’m so happy you decided to be part of our wedding and I just can’t wait to see how much you’ve grown as a strong beautiful woman that you are. I LOVE you with ALL my heart!!!!!
…my sister is getting married! I just received her invitation and I have to admit the picture they took was the best one of them I’ve ever seen. I was also very impressed by how she did her invitation. My sister likes to go all out so she did everything herself and it looks really professional. That’s how we Quintanilla’s do it! I can’t wait until the wedding let alone I am actually really looking forward to seeing her in May. I also can’t believe how better our relationship has gotten in the last few months, that is a miracle and a lesson I hope never to forget. I love my sister with all my heart. For me to say this and mean it…its really big!