Hello friends! Its been a long time!
Going the Distance…
Today is my 19th birthday being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Its been a long road yet successful and blessed. I have always said that I owe my life to the help and guidance of certain “angels” in my life and also the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I would not be here if it wasn’t for them or for the mercy of my Heavenly Father above.
These are some of my accomplish in the past 19 years…
- Won a Bronze Medal for the Los Angeles Region Occupational Program
- Certified in Wood Products Manufacturing for about 2 years
- Graduated high school with two medals (Bronze Medal of LAROP and Construction Academy Award)
- Survived a lot of hard times in my family (including raising myself for the most part)
- Did 6 months in Military Explores
- Attended some college in California
- Did about a year and half of Women’s Self Defense class in College
- Served a mission in Minnesota, Minneapolis (Spanish)
- Regained my Spanish language and keeping it this time
- Did 6 months of Kung Fu/Karate (Purple Belt)
- Graduated from Institute of Religion (in 2 semesters)
- Got married in August 2011
- Got pregnant on the last day of our honeymoon 🙂
- Currently 5 months pregnant, we are having a girl! (4 more months to go)
- First time Auntie to some good kids
- First time back in a Spanish Branch in a long time.
In short, I have been able to “go the distance” but I did not do it alone. The Lord sent me “angels” and guidance to help me along the way. Here’s a fav song that has always encouraged me…ENJOY!
…to me. This year for the month of November I was able to ponder just about every single day what I am thankful for or for whom. Since I’ve been home from my mission I’ve had nothing but countless blessings pour upon me…then after a while of free gifts(blessings) I learned that I needed to show Heavenly Father my gratitude…and so I am still trying too. I’ve had a new goal in these last couple of months to try and be positive about anything and everything. If I couldn’t then I would at least try to laugh it off, well let me tell you its been difficult but I haven’t given up yet. Since doing this I’ve felt completely different and better which leads me to been very grateful to those who have stuck by me and to those who wanted to hit me upside my head and pretend I didn’t exists to them. i’m stubborn, deal with it. Well this month I’ve made a real effort to see all the little things of life that bring joy to my heart, I found A LOT! The following are things and people I am much thankful for…
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- All the hard life’s lessons
- My dear family and friends (you know who you are)
- My little nieces and nephews (Aidan, Laneah, Belle, Emma, Claire, and the brand new addition baby Fox)
- My roommate’s snort when she laughs really hard, truly brings a huge smile to my face…too bad she doesn’t do it more often anymore
- My car that is still working
- Love notes from my friends in my current ward
- My bishopric and their wives
- A healthy body
- Hugs and kisses!!! My favorite
- The guidance of great examples and leaders
- Friends who love me even with all my faults-I have many, shh!
- My job and those select few (at work)who make me smile and laugh
- My mission comps, who I am still in contact with-they rock my socks off!
- Faith, Endurance, Hope, Desire, Love, and Patience
- The emotional team support I have from certain people
- My long hair and brown sugar skin, lol
- Movies-they always seem to get me thinking
- Books-religious or worldly
- Photographs of people I love and care about
- Many fun adventures of the past 25 years and counting…
- My scriptures that I am able to read in my native tongue (Spanish) even though I understand a whole lot better in English 🙂
- My patriarchal blessing which is my little preview of what may come if I chose to be
- To live in a well protective “Bubble” college town
- The many ways to network and stay in contact with my people (yes I have my own people, called my family and friends-gotcha!) 🙂
- The ability to play sports and get dirty when playing outside
- Babies, kids, children-that I now do love to hold, play games with, and babysit
- Travel and see old friends and family
- Dogs and cats
- All of my coworkers from this state of Utah whom have taught me many lessons
- Birthday hugs-big ones that left some bruises afterward-no biggy. Thank you Ben you made my birthday this year a million times better than ever before
- Cheesecake! Oh how much I love it, way better than chocolate
- The ability to do a childhood goal/dream…martial arts!
- To have been able to accomplish a lot in this past decade…I might not remember what I did but I’m sure people will remind me here and there
- Sun, Moon, Stars-how they always light the way in dark places
- All the seasons of the year-its a work of art that God has created for us
- The ability to get up (trials, errors, etc) when I fall and try again
- And finally the great Atonement of Jesus Christ! Because of his unselfish love, care, example, and sacrifice I am able to enjoy all of these things and follow in his foot steps and help others.
Yes, there is much, much more I am grateful for but in reality my list will never end…so I hope you said a silent prayer this past Thanksgiving day and thanked your Creator, Father, God who has giving you everything in life and only ask little of us. To be Christlike, (something I am still working on too) to comfort those who stand in need of comfort, fellowship, give hugs and kisses, talk with all your friends, love your parents(no matter how many you have) witness and testify of the truth, for the truth and only by the truth will you be free. Thank you to all who have support me this year and have never given up on me. Love you all!