Hello friends! Its been a long time!
Going the Distance…
Today is my 19th birthday being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Its been a long road yet successful and blessed. I have always said that I owe my life to the help and guidance of certain “angels” in my life and also the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I would not be here if it wasn’t for them or for the mercy of my Heavenly Father above.
These are some of my accomplish in the past 19 years…
- Won a Bronze Medal for the Los Angeles Region Occupational Program
- Certified in Wood Products Manufacturing for about 2 years
- Graduated high school with two medals (Bronze Medal of LAROP and Construction Academy Award)
- Survived a lot of hard times in my family (including raising myself for the most part)
- Did 6 months in Military Explores
- Attended some college in California
- Did about a year and half of Women’s Self Defense class in College
- Served a mission in Minnesota, Minneapolis (Spanish)
- Regained my Spanish language and keeping it this time
- Did 6 months of Kung Fu/Karate (Purple Belt)
- Graduated from Institute of Religion (in 2 semesters)
- Got married in August 2011
- Got pregnant on the last day of our honeymoon 🙂
- Currently 5 months pregnant, we are having a girl! (4 more months to go)
- First time Auntie to some good kids
- First time back in a Spanish Branch in a long time.
In short, I have been able to “go the distance” but I did not do it alone. The Lord sent me “angels” and guidance to help me along the way. Here’s a fav song that has always encouraged me…ENJOY!